Exeter Municipal Building
Phone: 570-654-3001 | Fax: 570-654-8799
Employment Opportunities »
Established in 1884, the name Exeter derives from the ancient city of Exeter in Devon, England. According to the US Census Bureau, the borough is a total area of 5.0 square miles, of which, 4.7 square miles consists of land and 0.3 square miles is water. It lies on the West side of the Susquehanna River and has 2 distinct islands: Monocanock and Scovell with a number of other smaller islands.
Exeter Borough is known for its peace and prosperity. It's known for great men who were descendents of great men and of Revolutionary War relics. Every foot of it has some historical significance. Today, Exeter Borough is mostly a residential area and supports an extensive recycling program. A newly renovated borough building was rededicated in April 2001. Exeter Borough has two playgrounds, Thomas St. Park and Lehigh St. Park, and a Nature Park on Donna's Way.